10.15.2012

A Race

 
 
 
 
 
Greg entered the Hickory Nut Gap race, which was last weekend.  The race had a 10K, and a 50K relay.  He was unable to find a partner for the relay, so the 10K it was.  There were about 80 people in the race on saturday morning.
 
I wasn't sure what to expect, as training sometimes had to be put on the back burner in order to work on the yurt, and other responsibilities.  I knew he was in good shape, though, so I was anxious to see how he did.


 
 
I took a nice, much-needed stroll in the cool woods while I waited for the racers.  I had my watch timer set, so I could relax on my walk, but still make it in time for the finish.

 
I had to laugh when I saw this.  I heard a tiny baby squalling, and was a little surprised to see it was being cared for by a very young group of kids.  As this girl lifted it to rock it, I saw it was one of those realistic babies that you have to rock or feed to get to stop crying.  How I would have loved one of those at that age.  Now I get a real one, though, so I can't complain. :)
 
 
 
 
 I expected the racers to start coming in anytime after 40 minutes.  After a few skinny cross-country runner-looking fellows ran in first, here came Greg in 6th place overall!  I was very proud of him, and I barely got this picture as he came streaming in to the finish.
 
It was a nice change of pace for us for a Saturday morning..~ 




2 comments:

Jenny said...

Way to go Greg! I'm so glad you're posting again ; ) Makes keeping up with what you're up to so much easier...and you know how I love picture stories! Another belly picture please....xo

Anny said...

Woohoo! I wish I (Alex) would've been there to relay with you Greg. Congrats on your finish! Glad to see the pitures.