4.12.2013

What we've been up to...

I've been so frustrated with blogger this last month!  There were numerous mornings I'd have pictures to share, and a sleeping baby in the morning giving me some free time.  I'd sit down with my coffee (decaf-still!) and waste at least half an hour, if not more waiting on ONE picture to download.  The picture never would get there, and I'd turn off the computer, disgusted with both my choppy internet service, wasted morning and another week without a blog post.
 
This evening I finally got smart and utilized Picasa.  Talk about a time saver.  Anyway, let's get on with it--we're back online and we've been busy!
 
 
 
 
 
Cutest sight ever!
 




 
Our first rafting trip with our daughter.  She stayed awake the whole time and was captivated by the sparkles on the water, and the sound of the splashing.


 
We've been busy filling the high tunnel here at the farm with more mustard greens, lettuce, spinach and kale.  There's lots of cleaning up to be done in the beds, and a lot of space still to plant.




The first really warm day this spring.  It was probably in the high 70's this day.  Hopefully we've still got lots of cool weather left, though since we just planted cool weather plants.
 



Everytime the breeze would blow by Sienna would get really excited and suck in her belly.  I could never quite capture her expression, but you could tell she enjoyed it.
 

 
 
Starting to smile a lot, and we even got a few laughs this week!
 



A newly planted bed of lettuce, chard, spinach and mesculin mix next to the flowering mustard from last fall on the right. 



Our cooperative little assistant- most of the time. (That'd be Sienna, not Greg) 
 
 

Tuckered out from all the supervising.

 
Another bed planted!  Spring has definitely sprung here...~

5 comments:

Anny said...

OOhhh...it doesn't get any better than babies, greenhouses, and gardening. I can practically smell the earth through your post! :)

Jack said...

Wow! She is so beautiful :) And your gardens .... man oh man. Totally kicking myself for not getting on the tunnel train last year. Seems like that would be huge here with our nasty wind. Looks awesome -- love seeing what you guys are up to!

Greg and Becca said...

Were they being offered through a grant? ..or what did the "train" consist of? I heard Sig got one.

Jack said...

Yeah, there was (maybe still is) a grant thing where you could apply and they would reimburse you for it. We have plenty of room, the problem is the water situation and without a well, I don't want to plant more than I am able to realistically water .... That's what I was trying to determine last night -- Is it better to have the garden open for the rain but still exposed to the wind?

P.S. You can totally knit a baby sweater :) Much more fun than knitting an adult one ....

Greg and Becca said...

Hmmm...I thought of the same problem if we ever set one up at Sailor's by Gabe's house. I wonder if any high tunnels come with gutter kits (surely you could attach them anyway) to collect rainwater?