12.07.2007

On the Eve of the Thunder Road Marathon

After all the miles, the sweat, and the toil, it is finally almost here. It is the eve of the marathon and I thought there was no better way to commemorate it blog-style than to post a picture of one of the many training runs Greg went on this fall. He will have to bear with me for just a moment while I make a big deal out of him and his hard work.

All those days of long runs, pushing through that stretch of sickness, teeth extractions, and running with a shin splint...I am very proud of him. This particular day was a 20-mile jaunt along Turnagain Arm. I followed along on my bike, snapping pictures along the way. It was a beautiful, sunny day...a great memory. And now, all that hard work will pay off...Good Luck, Gregory, Preston, and Troy; and Glenda, Hannah, Max, Jesse Ruth, Anna Preston and your family friends: HAVE A GREAT TIME!!! I wish I could be there with you all.



"...let us run with endurance the race set before us."



6 comments:

Glenda said...

Becca,
That is so sweet of you. We wish you were here too. We love you.
Love,
Glenda

Unknown said...

What a sweet post, Becca. I know that meant a lot to your man! We missed you yesterday!!!!!

Glenda said...

Love the new additions to the slide show. What awesome scenery.
Love ya both.

Unknown said...

Love the blog Gregory!!!

Congrats to you on completing the marathon.

Hannah's favorite college roomate.

Glenda said...

Merry Christmas Becca. Love, Glenda

Unknown said...

NEW POST NEW POST NEW POST!!!!!! And what happened to the pic of the Jingle Jog girls? I don't even see the Lunar moth anymore!